Organisation Name: Persatuan Pemangkin Daya Masyarakat-PPDM (informally known as ROSE-Rise of Social Efforts)
Location: Kuching, Sarawak
Date Posted/Call date: 15th March 2023
Job Type: Full-Time, on Contract Basis initially for ONE year with possibility of renewal annually subject to satisfactory performance.
Probation Period: Three(3) months.
Who may apply: Fresh graduates or with 1-2 years working experience.
Overview of Organisation
Persatuan Pemangkin Daya Masyarakat/R.O.S.E is an established non-partisan, civil action non-governmental group made up of ordinary Sarawakians whose mission is to build a society where ordinary citizens participate and engage in our country’s democratic process of nation building through education and advocacy.
Summary of Job
This post will offer the successful applicant exposure to a wide range of activities and opportunities. The programme officer will help to develop and implement the society’s programmes in line with the strategies from time to time, set out by the Committee. These are likely to be developing and conducting Civic and Voter Literacy Workshops and other education initiatives for young voters in particular, advocacy campaigns on electoral and institutional reforms, capacity-building programmes including improving our social media visibility and impact, public forums on current issues and training of election observers and Polling/ Counting Agents.
- Plan, organize, execute and implement programmes or projects as specified by the Committee
- Facilitate in training sessions for civic and voter education workshops and other types of voter outreach programmes.
- Draft Press or Media Statements for Committee where necessary and other kinds of media communications.
- Draft funding proposals and budgets and help organize and support fundraising planning and events.
- Monitor and write report on on-going projects as specified by Committee
- Where projects require field work, to assist in gathering information and conduct surveys by conducting interviews or other methods, for analysis and other uses.
- Enable PPDM to build and maintain working relationship with other like-minded NGOs including governmental agencies.
- Facilitate communications between members and volunteers.
- Provide administrative support to the Committee as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bilingual with good command of English and Bahasa Malaysia; ability to converse in other native languages is an added advantage
- Must have good written, oral and communication/presentation skills
- Knowledge of our system of governance, principles of democracy, social change, human rights and current issues will be advantageous for the job. An interest in citizens and voter empowerment or/and community development would be an asset.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office especially Word, Excel and Powerpoint and Adobe Acrobat.
- Possess ability to use editing software and apps to produce social media content related with our programmes.
- Strong project management skills, ability to plan and multitask to meet deadlines.
- Responsible, highly organised, mature and able to work independently.
- Demonstrate ability to analyse situations and problem-solve in creative ways will be an asset.
- Demonstrate ability to work across diverse stakeholders including government and NGOs with different cultures and approaches.
Experience, Education and Training
Any combination of education, work experience and training which substantially provides the knowledge, skills and abilities as stated in this job description. Examples are as follows: Bachelor's Degree in any field of Social Sciences including Political Science and Sociology, Mass Communications or other relevant discipline.
Although based in Kuching successful applicants need to be prepared to travel across the State as required and to work outside of regular office hours including weekends. Preferably have own transport.
If you would like to use your experience and qualification to positively impact the mission of R.O.S.E, please submit your resume and a cover letter via e-mail to us at [email protected] no later than Friday 31st March 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for interview. You may call us at 016-8604998 for enquiries.
Dated this 15th March 2023
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in withFacebook Twitter