Organisation Name : Persatuan Pemangkin Daya Masyarakat –PPDM (informally known as ROSE-Rise of Social Efforts)
Location : Kuching, Sarawak
Date Posted/Call date : 8th September 2019
Job Type : Full-Time, on Contract Basis initially for ONE year with possibility of renewal annually subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funding.
Probation Period : Three(3) months
Overview of Organisation
Persatuan Pemangkin Daya Masyarakat/R.O.S.E is an established non-partisan, civil action non-governmental group made up of ordinary Sarawakians whose mission is to build a society where ordinary citizens participate and engage in our country’s democratic process of nation building through education and advocacy. We are registered as a society with the Registrar of Societies, Sarawak.
Summary of Job
This is a new post for the organisation and which will offer the successful applicant exposure to a wide range of activities and opportunities. The programme officer will help to develop and implement the society’s programmes in line with the strategies from
time to time, set out by the Committee. Current programmes being run/developed include Civic and Voter Literacy Workshops and other education initiatives via mainstream(RTM) and social media with special focus on youths, new voter registration, public forums on current issues, training of election observers and Polling/ Counting Agents and advocacy on free and fair elections. electoral reforms.
- Plan, organize, execute and implement programmes or projects as specified by the Committee.
- Facilitate in training sessions for civic and voter education workshops and other types of voter outreach programmes.
- Draft Press or Media Statements for Committee where necessary and other kinds of media communications.
- Draft funding proposals and budgets and help organize and support fundraising planning and events.
- Monitor and write report on on-going projects as specified by Committee.
- Where projects require field work, to assist in gathering information and conduct surveys by conducting interviews or other methods, for analysis and other uses.
- Enable PPDM to build and maintain working relationship with other like-minded NGOs including governmental agencies.
- Facilitate communications between members. Provide administrative support to the Committee as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bilingual with good command of English and Bahasa Malaysia; ability to converse in other native languages is an added advantage.
- Must have good written, oral and communication/presentation skills.
- Knowledge of our system of governance, principles of democracy, social change, human rights and current issues will be advantageous for the job. An interest in citizens and voter empowerment or/and community development would be an asset.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office especially Word, Excel and Powerpoint and Adobe Acrobat.
- Possess ability to use editing software and apps to produce social media content related with our programmes.
- Strong project management skills, ability to plan and multitask to meet deadlines.
- Responsible, highly organised, mature and able to work independently.
- Demonstrate ability to analyse situations and problem-solve in creative ways will be an asset.
- Demonstrate ability to work across diverse stakeholders including government and NGOs with different cultures and approaches.
Experience, Education and Training
Any combination of education, work experience and training which substantially provides the knowledge, skills and abilities as stated in this job description. Examples are as follows: Bachelor's Degree in any field of Social Sciences including Political Science and Sociology, Mass Communications or other relevant discipline.
Although based in Kuching successful applicants need to be prepared to travel across the State as required and to work outside of regular office hours including weekends.
If you would like use your experience and qualification to positively impact the mission of R.O.S.E, please submit your resume and cover letter via e-mail to us at [email protected] no later than 23rd September 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for interview. You may call us at 016-8604998 for enquiries.
Dated this 8th September 2019